The Northeast Louisiana (NELA) MQG is interested in starting a 6 month traveling quilt bee and looking for other modern quilters interested in participating.
- Each participant will receive a quilt top at the end of 6 months.
- Each participant will create a block/section a month for specific bee members.
- Participants may give a general theme or color scheme for their quilt.
- Participants may provide fabric, or request a stash busting.
- Stash busters will use their own fabric for blocks.
- Stash busters will be put in the same bee group so that all are using their own fabric.
- Stash busters may indicate preferred colors, but must realize members will be using fabric on hand and colors may vary.
This bee will begin in January or February 2014 based on interest and demand.
I have started a Pinterest board with some Traveling Quilts I’ve spotted online. They might give you an idea of what might be possible. It may be that your quilt top is complete when you get it back or you may get sections that you are able to piece together as you would like. You will have the option of selecting which you would prefer.
This is a “Modern” quilt project and we do ask that only quilters interested in the Modern aesthetic join this particular bee. If you would like to participate, please email Ramona at NELAMQG@OUTLOOK.COM. We would love to have you join us.