I just wanted to let you know we have recently changed our meeting location. We are now meeting at 1925 Hwy 80 E, Calhoun, La. This is more like the out, out, OUT-skirts or West Monroe, but the mail comes out of Calhoun, so there you go. Best directions is come I-20 and take Camp Road exit to Hwy 80, and turn left on Hwy 80 towards Calhoun. Our location is approximately 1/4 mile and at the top of the hill on the right. I will have a sign with our logo at the turn in. This is JABAR corporation, a construction company, and we will be using their meeting room.
Northeast Louisiana Quilt Show
We just participated in the Northeast Louisiana Quilt Guild quilt show by having a table representing Modern quilting. It was a two day event and it went really well. Our area is a very strong traditional quilting population so I was really pleased with the amount of traffic and the interaction with other quilters.
Okay, so back to our March meeting. First is when and where?
Saturday, March 12, 2016, 9:00 am – 3: pm @ 1925 Hwy 80 E, Calhoun, LA 71225
We are so pleased that Nancy Wallace agreed to demo foundation paper piecing. While I don’t have the patterns she will be using, I have displayed some options that are out in the quilt world. This has become a very popular method of creating blocks and patterns. But you’re almost working in reverse, so it can get a bit tricky at times. Nancy is going to see if she can clear up some of the confusion!
So what do you need to bring?
- Sewing Machine, needles, thread, etc
- You are welcome to bring a table light if you would like. We did not find we needed them when we sewed last month, but you are more than welcome to do that.
- Small rotary cutter and mat (Small mats are good for this. I have one 8×6. Or the 18 x 24. Just small enough to sit by your machine.)
- Add-A-Quarter rulers are very helpful, but a normal ruler with a clear 1/4″ grid will work. Again, smaller rulers work well for this.
- A post card or thin stiff cardboard. (These will be used to fold the pattern on the lines and do not need to be very large.)
- Fabric scraps. This is a practice session, so don’t stress over the fabrics. Bring rough cut scraps, 2.5″ strips, 5″ squares, fat quarters, just whatever you have on hand. With foundation paper piecing you often use more fabric than when precision piecing, so bringing only 2.5″ strips would not work.
- Nancy will be providing a choice of patterns.
Please RSVP on Facebook, so we will know how many quilters to provide for. If this class grows too large, we will switch venue. So if you have RSVP’d, you will be notified of the change through Facebook.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. I look forward to seeing you there!